Tuesday 07/21 & Thursday 07/23
AT HOME BEFORE CLASS (notice: links are in bold)
- TUESDAY 07/21 DUE: Bring old cover letter/resume for review.
- TUESDAY 07/21 DUE: Bring an ad for a job/internship
- TUESDAY 07/21 READ AT HOME: Brainstorming for the Final Topic
- TUESDAY 07/21 READ AT HOME: Choosing a topic for your final project: THIS MIGHT HELP
- TUESDAY 07/21 WATCH AT HOME: Ken Robinson
- REMINDER: On THURSDAY, please, bring the first draft of your cover letter (written for the add) to class for peer-review.
- Groups and topics (final review)
- Interviews and surveys (who and why?)
- Accommodating your audience (two sides of the story)
- How to build and support an argument
- Assignment #2 Topic Prospectus (class discussion)
- Aristotle’s Rhetorical Triangle
- THURSDAY: Cover Letter Peer Review